Welcome

WELCOME TO FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH

A family of Christian faith, growing in God's grace, from generation to generation

Psalm 107: O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever.

Announcements

  • 100th Anniversary Celebration

    We will be celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Presbyterians in Bastrop, Louisiana on March 16, 2024 with worship service at 2:00 p.m. and reception in the Fellowship Hall afterwards.  

    The earliest “recorded” history of this particular church tells of a local (Bastrop) person contacting Red River Presbytery officials asking that the Presbytery “check on” Presbyterians living in Bastrop.

    So, in the fall of 1923 the Presbytery sent its evangelist, Dr. B. C. Bell, to survey the area for Presbyterianism... Then a bit later the Reverend R. Waller Blain, Presbytery’s Sunday School missionary, came to canvass the entire community for Presbyterians already living here.

    Consequently, in early 1924 a group of Presbyterians banded together under Mr. Blain’s leadership and met at the Village Club (The Village Club coffee business in the 200 block of South Washington Street) and there held Sunday School and church services.

    Then at 3:00 o’clock on Sunday afternoon, March 16, 1924 the First Presbyterian Church of Bastrop was organized with the acceptance of 24 charter members, 16 by letter from other churches; 7 by restatement of faith; 1 by profession of faith who was then baptized.